Natural gas is odorless, shapeless and colorless so most times people do not realize it is even in the air until it is almost too late. There have been cases in history where people did not realize that there was a gas leak in their home and their homes have exploded when they flipped on a light switch. An explosion is not the only hazard that natural gas can cause. It can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
Although natural gas is a hazard it is its components that are the most deadly. Natural gas can also be a hazard if it is leaking on the outside of your home as well.
Gas Leak symptoms may include:
- If you smell the rotten egg smell
- See dirt blowing or see bubbles in a puddle
- Hear a hissing sound near your home
If you happen to smell or hear anything hissing inside of your home then avoid using your phone or turning on any lights then call us or your gas company from another source besides in your home. Its is better to be safe than sorry.
If you notice any of these symptoms, call us now at 972-672-8616.